Polly resembles a real-life tadpole, albeit she has arms instead of legs and is more globular in appearance. Unlike the other Amphibians, she has a blue tongue rather than green. She often moves in a wooden bucket filled with water and held together by a cylindrical steel frame. It has seen a fair amount of use apparent in its worn appearance. She also is seen without it and hops around instead. And she now has legs in season 3.
As of "True Colors", she has grown her legs.
She has a yellow bow with lighter white/yellow polka dots.
Polly is an outgoing and mostly fearless tadpole, although she is afraid of wax figures and olms. She loves adventure, monsters, and having fun with her family. Although she is young, she has the heart of an explorer. She is mysterious, explosive, and unpredictable, such as favoring to attack stuff using either her flail or her rolling pin she named "Doris". Even though she's usually more responsible than her older brother Sprig, she still retains infantile tendencies, namely being easily swayed by the temptation of candies.
|— This section is currently incomplete. —|
|More details can be added to expand it.|
Please help Amphibia Wiki by making this section longer.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: Despite her small size, Polly possesses incredible strength.
- Expert Loogie Spitter: As seen in "Girl Time", Polly displays excellent spitting skills and can spit much farther than Hop Pop and Sprig, even breaking the town's record.
- Super Sonic Singing: As seen in "Fiddle Me This", Polly apparently has the ability to sing at such a frequency that it can disrupt things and is capable of breaking a snail's shell.
- Vocal Mimicry: As seen in "Quarreler's Pass", Polly has a talent to perfectly imitate other voices. She shares this talent with Sprig.
- Speed: As seen in "After the Rain", Polly is able to move fast by rolling around like a ball. In "Friend or Frobo?", she is shown once again to roll around like a ball quickly along with Frobo.
Polly and Sprig have a typical sibling rivalry. Polly feels that she is better at handling situations than her older brother, which she can be correct about half the time. However, Polly really does look up to Sprig and appreciates his supportive influence. While she can be a handful for him, she cares about his well being and sometimes acts as Sprig's confidant; giving him advice, though she can sometimes purposefully misdirect him for her own amusement.
She is Hop Pop's granddaughter. He is overprotective of her. She dislikes when he tries to care for her and treat her like a baby but still loves him.
Anne seemed slightly perturbed by Polly when she first met her. In "Cane Crazy", Polly was reluctant to help her because she barely knew her and only agreed to help after Anne offered her candy from her world, but by the end of the episode, Polly admitted she was starting to like Anne. By the events of "Girl Time", Anne desired to become closer to her while trying to enforce what she viewed as girlish onto Polly. By the end of the episode, she began to accept her more masculine and crass behavior and Polly grew closer to Anne. Since then, the two get along quite well and have become very close, forming a sisterly bond. Anne is usually seen holding Polly or letting her sit on her head, showing that she trusts her enough and certain episodes have shown that the two share a lot in common in terms of being adventurous. In "Lost in Newtopia", the two try to create a collective name for themselves; first with "Puh-Anne" and then "An-Olly", neither of which the two find very appealing.
|Amphibia Main Theme:||Appears|
|1. "Anne or Beast?":||Debut||20. "Prison Break":||Absent|
|2. "Best Fronds":||Appears||21. "Grubhog Day":||Appears|
|3. "Cane Crazy":||Appears||22. "Hop Pop and Lock":||Appears|
|4. "Flood, Sweat & Tears":||Appears||23. "Civil Wart":||Appears|
|5. "Hop Luck":||Appears||24. "Hop-Popular":||Appears|
|6. "Stakeout":||Appears||25. "Croak & Punishment":||Appears|
|7. "The Domino Effect":||Appears||26. "Trip to the Archives":||Appears|
|8. "Taking Charge":||Appears||27. "Snow Day":||Appears|
|9. "Anne Theft Auto":||Appears||28. "Cracking Mrs. Croaker":||Appears|
|10. "Breakout Star":||Appears||29. "A Night at the Inn":||Appears|
|11. "Sprig Vs Hop Pop":||Appears||30. "Wally and Anne":||Appears|
|12. "Girl Time":||Appears||31. "Family Fishing Trip":||Appears|
|13. "Dating Season":||Appears||32. "Bizarre Bazaar":||Appears|
|14. "Anne Vs. Wild":||Appears||33. "Cursed!":||Appears|
|15. "Contagi-Anne":||Appears||34. "Fiddle Me This":||Appears|
|16. "Family Shrub":||Appears||35. "The Big Bugball Game":||Appears|
|17. "Lily Pad Thai":||Appears||36. "Combat Camp":||Appears|
|18. "Plantar's Last Stand":||Appears||37. "Children of the Spore":||Appears|
|19. "Toad Tax":||Appears||38. "Anne of the Year":||Appears|
|Amphibia Main Theme:||Appears|
|Teen Girl in a Frog World|
|1. "No Signal":||Absent||2. "Whack-A-Mole":||Absent|
|3. "Scenic Route":||Debut||4. "Hop Popcorn":||Appears|
|5. "Cattail Catastrophe":||Absent|
|Chibi Tiny Tales|
|1 "Mantis Bowling":||Appears||2. "Quit Bugging Me":||Appears|
|3. "Bird Attack":||Background||4. "Bucket Blues":||Appears|
|5. "Family Photo":||Appears||6. "Quicksand":||Appears|
Behind the Scenes
Name and Basis
Polly's name is a pun on the word, polliwog, in which her species is the said creature. Her name also comes from her ancestor, Polliana Plantar.
Polly is voiced by Amanda Leighton.
Polly made her debut in the series premiere, "Anne or Beast?".
Foreign voice actors
|Spanish (Latin America)||Gisela Viviano|
|Portugese (Brazil)||Mariana Evangelista|
|Spanish (Castilian)||Consuelo Díaz|
|Greek||Danai Dimopoulou (Δανάη Δημοπούλου)|
|Hebrew (Israel)||Noa Lapidot (נועה לפידות)|
|Japanese||Yuri Yoshida (吉田優利)|
|Korean||Jang Mi (장미)|
|Malay||Suriani binti Samsudin|
|Dutch||Fleur Van Der Water|
|Russian||Ekaterina Tikhomirova (Екатерина Тихомирова)|
|Thai||Lakkana Naksiri (ลักขณา นาคศิริ)|
|Ukrainian||Kateryna Butsʹka (Катерина Буцька)|
|Click here to see the Polly Plantar's quotes.|
- Early concept art by James Turner suggests she would have been originally named "Pollyannamarie"
- She is seen to have an addiction to candy in "Anne or Beast?", as she is easily bribed by Sprig and also in "Cane Crazy", Anne offers her a bar of chocolate, which was from Anne’s world.
- She is a queen to an imaginary boulder monster, however, it can only be viewed when she drinks Anne's energy drink, Blam Berry Blitz.
- She has abnormal-sized muscles.
- She named her rolling pin "Doris" which she uses as a weapon.
- She was disappointed when Anne claimed she was not going to harm the family, which highlights her violent nature.
- Oddly enough, she seems content to have people not like her as revealed in the episode "Cracking Mrs. Croaker".
- Her name is fitting as she is technically still a pollywog, or tadpole.
- While Polly is sometimes seen in a small bucket of water, she will often travel around without it by hopping or sliding along the ground.
- Ironically, despite being Sprig's younger sister, Polly's voice actress, Amanda Leighton, is much older than Sprig's voice actor, Justin Felbinger - older by almost 9 years.
- In "Truck Stop Polly" it is revealed her middle name is Petunia.
- In "Amphibiland", she does not make an appearance. This was before production was made.
- In "Marcy at the Gates", it was stated by Marcy that her legs would come out in two months. This finally happened in "True Colors".
- In Reddit, it is stated by Matt that Polly is probably 5 years old.
- Her fictional human counterpart is Molly from Anne's story, Phone Mo, and a fictional character in the episode, "The Shut-In!".
|— Main Characters —|